When it comes to cleaning surfaces and objects, traditional dry and wet dusting tends to be the first methods that come to mind. While these cleaning techniques are tried and true, they do little more than spread filth around, unless the rags used are washed regularly. Dry dusting kicks up resting particles, redistributing them into the air and onto other surfaces. Wet dusting can involve harmful cleaning chemicals and make it hard to reach certain spots or objects.
For sensitive places, like clean rooms, R&D labs, healthcare facility cleaning and schools, there’s a more effective method for stripping dirt, dust and germs from surfaces that require specialized sanitation: electrostatic disinfection.
What Is Electrostatic Disinfection?
Electrostatic spray surface cleaning is the process of spraying an electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces and objects. Electrostatic spray uses a specialized solution that is combined with air and atomized by an electrode inside the sprayer. Subsequently, the spray contains positively charged particles that are able to aggressively adhere to surfaces and objects. Because the particles in the spray are positively charged, they cling to and coat any surface they’re aimed at.
For awkwardly shaped objects or hard to reach places, cleaning staff only have to point and spray; the nature of the mist allows it to coat surfaces evenly, and envelope objects—even if the mist is only sprayed from one side. After the spray is applied, the sanitizing agent works to disinfect the covered surfaces. For this reason, electrostatic spray is an excellent solution for germ and contaminant ridden areas.
How Does Electrostatic Disinfection Work?
Electrostatic spray is electrically charged, allowing the appropriate sanitizers, mold preventatives and disinfectants to wrap around and evenly coat all types of surfaces for a more complete clean. As the chemical exits the electrostatic sprayer, it’s given a positive electrical charge. The droplets then become attracted to all negative surfaces, covering the visible area, underside and backside, with the sanitizing agent. Surfaces that are already covered will repel the spray, making the method extremely efficient.
Is Electrostatic Spray Disinfection Right For My Business?
If your building contains rooms or areas that are sensitive to grime and germs, such as R&D facilities or clean rooms, then yes, electrostatic spray cleaning is the best option for cleaning all the surfaces and equipment in that room. Although electrostatic spray may sound like an aggressive method for regular commercial cleaning applications, the opposite is true.
The main features and benefits of electrostatic spray disinfection include:
For desktops, floors and walls that need to be absolutely spotless, electrostatic spray cleaning is the best option. The same goes for equipment and hard to reach places; if a piece of equipment is heavily trafficked, electrostatic spray cleaning in the most comprehensive way to remove germs and dirt.
Our expert, cost-effective project planning delivers on projects of any size, from small-scale decontamination work to full facility demolition and closure. Customers can expect their customized work plan to include all associated costs, a project timeline and work schedule with comprehensive safety controls built in.
Industrial Services LLC professional project managers and certified field personnel are expertly trained and experienced to work hand-in-hand with your staff.
* Manufacturing Tools
* Production Equipment
* Verification Testing
* Tanks, Above and Subsurface, Confined Spaces
* Fume Scrubbers
* Wet Benches
* Fume Hoods
* Cooling Towers
* High Pressure, Steam
* Pulse Jetting
* Piping, Surface & Subsurface, Elevated
* Ducting, Surface & Subsurface, Elevated
* Visual & Remote Camera/Recording
* Surface Preparation and Chemical Resistant Floor Coatings
* Confined Space Entry/Rescue
* Heavy Equipment Operators
* Lab Packing
* Clean Room Operations
* Soil Remediation
* Underground Storage Tank (UST) Removal
* Waste Characterization, Consolidation & Inventory
Our qualified trainers develop a program specific to your operations, keeping you in compliance and helping ensure the safety of your employees, including:
* Hazardous Waste
* Health and Safety
* D.O.T. (Department of Transportation)
Program Development and Regulatory Reporting
* Air Emissions Reports
* Hazardous Waste Reporting
* Waste Minimization Plans
* Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
* Respiratory Protection and Medical Monitoring
* Waste Water Treatment Programs
* Job Hazard Analysis/ Safety Risk Assessment
* ISO 14001 Audit Preparation
* Permit / Rule Compliance Evaluation for Air Quality
* Underground Storage Tank Requirements
* Storage, Labeling, Handling, Accumulation of Hazardous Wastes and Materials
Industrial Services LLC can assist with all aspects, including: new applications, renewals, change of condition, location or ownership.
* Fixed Treatment Unit for on-site Waste Treatment applications
* Plant Closures
* Air Quality Permitting
* Industrial Waste Water Permits
* Underground Storage Tanks
Health and Safety
* Develop and implement new Health and Safety Programs
* Review and update existing Health and Safety Programs to ensure compliance with regulatory changes.
Removal of waste - hazardous, non-hazardous and discarded electronics - in an environmentally responsible way is at the core of our business operations. Our customers are protected by the safe transport and handling of their wastes, and are assured of flawless legal documentation to satisfy regulators of their due diligence.
Industrial Services LLC employees a diverse fleet of vehicles to transport waste. Our certified field personnel are well-trained and experienced to work with any business’ staff. They arrive on-site with all the equipment necessary to safely load and remove waste, providing appropriate documentation as required by law.
Our capabilities include professional, safe and efficient handling of:
* Hazardous waste, in compliance with the Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
* Non-hazardous liquid, sludge and solid wastes, in bulk and in drums
* E- Waste- Computers, CRT monitors, waste electronic components
* Universal Waste- Batteries and fluorescent, halogen and mercury vapor lights
Transportation Vehicle Types
* Vacuum trucks
* Vacuum boxes
* Trucks and trailers with liftgates
* Service vehicles for special project needs
Storage options we provide:
* 21,000 gallon portable storage/fractanks for temporary or long term storage.
On-Site Waste Management
Our on-staff Environmental, Health and Safety experts develop custom programs to meet the specific needs of industrial, commercial and municipal customers. We provide professional services as well as skilled support labor in the form of technicians who work at our customers’ facilities.
Copyright © 2009 Industrial Services LLC - All Rights Reserved.